Is there a way to adjust balance (left to right) in itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theLemur, Jan 20, 2008.

1. theLemur macrumors regular

I'm used to winamp, and now that I bought a macbook, I'm having a tough time getting used to itunes... it's probably because it was the most abysmal thing I had ever used on windows, and I recognize that it's better on the mac, so I'm trying to keep an open mind ;)

So yeah, is there any way to adjust the left-right balance? I always used to do this in winamp because both sets of computer speakers that I have are unevenly balanced.

Thoughts?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I personally don't know of how to do it in iTunes but surely you will want to do this system wide?

If so check out System Preferences - Sound - Output then there is a balance slider there.

3. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

How about adjusting it throughout your system instead of just itunes?

System Preferences > Sound > (attached pic)

Attached Files:

4. theLemur thread starter macrumors regular

Hrm that will work for now, I adjust frequently, because I am often moving my laptop from my desk, to my bed, and each set of speakers is a little off. I was hoping there would be something in itunes since i'm only picky about the sound balance when listening to music. hrm..

5. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I'd guess the reason it's not in iTunes is because Apple would expect you to have speakers that weren't a little off, especially being the perfectionist company that they are.

6. theLemur thread starter macrumors regular

Well it's not just that they are off, it's also that they are distanced differently, and my left speaker is much closer to me. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it

thanks

7. joshhuntnm macrumors newbie

I know this is a mac forum; does anyone know if there is a way to do this in windows 7?