Is there a way to change how often a app checks for updates like a email app ?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by max2, Aug 6, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

2. SSAJ macrumors 6502

I don't get what ur saying please give me a bit more detail on what ur trying to say so I can help you

3. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

For example how often email updates happen or email is checked.

4. SSAJ macrumors 6502

Well..u can change how often ur emails check in the settings under the mails tab

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

It also depends whether you are using Icloud email or other. Details will help us help you

6. Significant1 macrumors 6502

if you are talking about gmail in default mail-app, you can get push by creating an extra icloud-account and forward your gmail to that. See first option here:
    https://www.technorms.com/45016/gmail-push-notifications-iphone
    Not mentioned (as far as I could see, after a quick look), you should change outgoing server to google server. So when you reply it will be from your gmail.

7. MC6800 macrumors 6502

Take a look in Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data.

Just discovered that my Push setting there had been off for some reason.

8. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

There is no such a setting controlling how often you can check your app update in iOS unfortunately.

However, judging by the update frequency of various apps, I doubt more frequent check would bring any difference. Also, too frequent update check, just like checking new email, will have negative impact on battery life.

Is there a specific reason driving you to think checking the app update more frequently is good?

9. nox5 macrumors 6502

keep sending test emails to yourself to see how quickly you receive them in mail app. From my experience iCloud and outlook servers are the fastest.