is there a way to change the icons in the dock?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CheckMark, Nov 28, 2008.

1. CheckMark macrumors newbie

specifically the folders. i think it currently displays the top item inside the folder but that always changes and i just wanna make it look nice

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Drag and drop from your Applications folder. Right click and choose Display as: Folder to get your Downloads or whatnot to look the same all the time.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

If you want different icons for the dock, try this site. http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/

They have wallpaper, docks, and folders. And they post instruction on changing the docks and soforth

4. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Right click (or cmd click) your stacks on the dock and under the "Display As" heading choose "Folder". This will only really work for folders that look unique, like Documents, Music, Movies, Apps, etc. Normal folder will look just like normal foldera dn you wont be able to tell them apart this way.

5. CheckMark thread starter macrumors newbie

oh sweet thanks that's what i was looking for

and i think i can still use that interfacelift site to change the icons as i see fit

thanks!

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yes, you certainly can use any icons you wish-- or design your own to be part of a consistent theme if you desire! ;)

Attached Files: