Is there a way to convert a series of pictures into a movie?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chrono1081, Feb 18, 2010.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys.

I was wondering if there is a way, without buying extra software to convert a series of 36 pictures into a short videoclip using default mac software or Quicktime pro since I have that.

I was looking all through the options and couldn't find anything and googling just led me to sites to purchase software : / Its a one time deal so I wanted to avoid buying software.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is a standard function of QuickTime Pro.

3. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

There is a site called Animoto.com that can make your photos into a edited video piece including music. Free to try... its real nice to use if you have a short turn around time or if you simply want it done asap.

4. spice weasel macrumors 65816

If this is for stop-motion/time-lapse, then you can use QuickTime Pro as MisterMe pointed out. Make sure your photos are sequentially numbered and then go to File--> Open Image Sequence (I think that's what you do - I'm at work right now) and point it to the first photo. Then you select the framerate. Thirty-six photos is going to be a REALLY short video though.

You can do this in iMovie as well, without as much control over the length each photo displays but with more control over how each photo is shown (Ken Burns, etc.). Depends on what you are trying to do.

5. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Thanks guys!

I saw the option about importing movie frames last night but it looked like it was only importing one (I didn't realize it was adding in sequence without me selecting it.)

It worked like a charm. I exported it to 6 frames per second and it looks just like I expected it to haha.

6. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

I make time lapse movies with iMovie HD.

You have to import each image and then change the duration of each clip to whatever timing you want.

With a small number of images, I change the durations manually. With a large number, I use the Automator to make the changes for me.

I"ve got one time lapse that has more than 9000 frames and it only took me about an hour to assemble.