Is there a way to disable the click on the glass trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fs454, Feb 11, 2010.

1. fs454 macrumors 65816

I currently have a 2007 pre-unibody and I love my trackpad, and have used the unibody MBP excessively and hate the new trackpad. I mean, it feels really nice and is smooth spacious, but I tend to push quite hard when navigating the trackpad, which is comfortable to me. I solely use taps and two finger taps, and honestly wish I had a trackpad button for dragging and stuff, but whatever.

I'm planning on a new 15" or 17" (depending on if they up the 15" res or not) MBP as soon as the Arrandale MBPs are released, and I've been wondering if anyone's done this. Anyways, is there any way to disable the depressable portion of the trackpad, like lodge it so it doesn't move?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

System preferences ---> Trackpad ----> Tap to click.

It felt akward to me at first too. but now that I am used to it I feel I can't use any other trackpad.

4. fs454 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I have that enabled, what I mean is sticking like a piece of paper or something somewhere safe in the assembly to stop it from clicking down, as I find it clicks down way too easily.

An odd request, but if no one has done it I'm bound to have my MBP apart on unboxing day to be the first.

5. Cali3350 macrumors regular

I know some dude put a piece of cardboard in there but he ended up just breaking the springs.

6. mcruzader macrumors regular

You can tighten the screw that is holding the trackpad in place, so that it doesn't move. That screw basically controls how deep the trackpad goes when it is clicked.