Is there a way to divide my 6GB .nrg file in half?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by yarjarrar, May 21, 2009.

1. yarjarrar macrumors member

I just installed boot camp in FAT32 format, so I can transfer files from mac to boot camp. So I tried to move a .nrg file into the boot camp hard drive icon, from mac, but when I tried to move it, it said error code 0. Found out FAT32 has a 4gb transfer limit. My .nrg file is 6GB. So now I'm wondering if there is a way to divide the 6gb .nrg file in half?

Short Version for lazy readers: Is there a way to divide my 6GB .nrg file in half? Thanks

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I believe this is what you're looking for. However, the question arrises, whey are you using FAT32 in the first place? Full NTFS write support is available through NTFS-3G. FAT32 volumes can also easily be converted to NTFS using the "convert" command through the CMD window.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. yarjarrar thread starter macrumors member

Well I installed Boot Camp as FAT32 because I wanted to be able to drop files into the windows hard drive from mac. Is there a better way for this?

5. yarjarrar thread starter macrumors member

Oh and, that link says to do some command in shell key. What is shell key?

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

He's saying to "key in" in a shell program, as in, type the following in a shell. In your case you'd be using the "Terminal" application in the "Utilities" folder.

Yes, if the 4GB file-size limit matters to you. You can convert the windows partition through NTFS (search google for instructions) and then install this on the Mac side to write to NTFS-formatted partitions.

7. yarjarrar thread starter macrumors member

Holy molly! This is advanced stuff! Alright, let me try that.

8. yarjarrar thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I just reinstalled boot camp with 45gb of space as NTFS format. And I got the demo of paragon and I installed it. Now how do I transfer data to windows?

9. yarjarrar thread starter macrumors member

Yahoo! With Paragon, I tried the transferring files and it works now! Wooohoo! All is well. Thanks for help guys!