Is there a way to get rid of the "slide to unlock" on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by piatti, Mar 15, 2011.

1. piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

Not just change the letters called 'slide to unlock', but totally get rid of it so that when you press the button it automatically unlocks for you.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

there are hundreds of slider themes on cydia I'm sure there is something like that

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you look up Tap To Unlock in Cydia you should several results back. Any one of them will accomplish what you're looking to do.

4. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

Does that unlock with the press of the button or do you have to push the button and then tap the screen?

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, there are several theme and plugin to change that, Lockinfo Allow you to hide it (you still have to "slide" but you don't see it), you can also use Activator to unlock using another way.

There is "press to unlock" which..well..as the name say, it is a press instead of a slide (very VERY, one more time, VERY pockets unfriendly).

There are Android locks, where you have to draw a pattern to unlock.

There is voice and face recognition...

so many options.

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

There's a tweak called NoLockScreen in cydia that will bypass the lockscreen all together. If you're not worried about locking down your phone then this may work well for you. I never tried it but it's free so if you're interested it won't cost you money.

7. sbddude macrumors 6502a

There's a cydia app called "NoLockScreen"

If you have both that and sbsettings installed you can toggle it on and off. I use it on my ipad, but on my iphone i leave the lockscreen enabled.

When the lock screen is disabled, you just press the power/home button and it turns on. No slide to unlock at all, goes straight to your home screen or whatever you had open last.

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Here is a prime example of the tap to unlock in action. This theme uses a tap to unlock feature on the lockscreen. At the lockscreen, all you need to do is tap the unlock button and it unlocks the phone. No more sliding or anything.

9. Synergie macrumors 6502a

NoLockScreen works great... although sometimes when you turn the screen on, you see the lock screen just for a fraction of a second.... most times not. I find that only happens when I have not turned it on in awhile. But I use it along with the homescreen option for LockInfo.