Is there a way to listen to music while listening to an audiobook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myrothe, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Myrothe macrumors newbie

Myrothe

When I'm working at home I like to listen to an audiobook, and as I am I will play various soundtracks in the background on my stereo. I love it! I have a pretty large collection of soundtracks so I try to match the music somewhat to the book I'm reading and it's nice, it's basically providing background music to the book.

However at work that's not possible.if I play an audiobook, and then attempt to play music it simply stops the audiobook. Even when using 2 totally different things (such as music player and audible app). When one starts the other stops.

Is there any way to override this? Or any sort of app that would work?

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

This is actually a very interesting question. Never really thought about that on iOS. Not to derail but I have had times where I accidentally had multiple audio sources playing on my phone (Android) from different media players.

I know some of the DJ programs let you mix and play two tracks at once. But with the way iOS separates audio books it probably wouldn't show up in the same media list. Might be worth a try though. It would look odd but let you play multiple tracks at once (book + soundtrack). That's all I've got. Cheers to whoever finds a good solution.

3. Myrothe thread starter macrumors newbie

Myrothe

That's an idea. Ittd be roundabout but it might work. Honestly if they just gave us the ability to override apps being able to turn off the music ittd work just fine. I've been googling and there are a few jailbreak programs that do that but no simple app that I can find.