is there a way to load 40 pictures to 40 powerpoint 2008 slides automatically?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tkjazzer, Jun 7, 2008.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

I have a folder with 40 images.

Actually, I have 3 folders with 40 images in them.

The folders are named 1, 2, 3.
    and the pictures are numbered 1-40.

I want a way to quickly make 120 slides. first folder to be the first 40 slides in order of picture number, second 40 the next 40 (in order), and the last 40 the last folder in order.

Is there a way to quickly do this in Powerpoint 2008 without loading 120 pictures individually?

Thank you

2. theidoctor macrumors newbie

i dont think so.... but if you pay me i will do it for you :) lol jk...

3. mkaake macrumors 65816

I know my post is only semi-helpful, but I was able to do something similar using automator and keynote, by loading the images into iPhoto first (Started with the action 'get selected iphoto images'. I don't have any recent version of ppt (v.x is the latest I have), so I don't know if they have any built in automator workflows, or even what their applescript support is like.

But it can probably be done with a few minutes of googling.

4. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

I don't know how to do this with Powerpoint, but it seems that you're just trying to make a slideshow of pictures. If you have a Mac, the easiest way to do this is go into iPhoto and click the plus button at the bottom and create a slideshow. You can easily just put in the pictures and add an automatic transitions and movement.

5. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

well,

I would like to be able to add text boxes and sentences / explanations.