is there a way to lock certain apps so nobody can use them but me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CheckMark, Nov 9, 2008.

1. CheckMark macrumors newbie

kids like to play games on my ipod touch, and that's fine, but some of them are a bit nosy and like to look at my facebook, myspace, etc...

while i could simply log out of both apps, i'd rather not have to type in my email address and password every time

is there some way to lock these apps?

2. Davidish macrumors member

Unfortunatley, I don't think there's a method of doing that (currently :D). It may be possible if your iPod was jailbroken but I'm no expert on that. :rolleyes:

If you don't find it too annoying just enable a pass-lock in General Setting?

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

yea, it's not possible. you can limit some apps, just the built-in ones.

4. CheckMark thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thanks

if i put a pass-lock, they would ask me to unlock it because they still want to play games, which doesn't bother me. it's just that some of my apps are still at their fingertips.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If this bothers you, then you really need to just stop letting people play with your phone.

6. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I'd love this feature, but I can see it being extremely annoying.

7. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Just use Parental Controls to lock Safari while your kids are using it. Then unlock it when they are done.

Best I can do :)

8. SoldOutMatinee macrumors regular

SoldOutMatinee

maybe you could turn off your wi-fi on the iPod touch so the MySpace and Facebook apps can't connect online. I doubt any of the games they play require wifi.

9. tles11 macrumors newbie

Yes

yes in cydia there is a program called Lockdown that works on all firmwares. You can 4 digit number protect any, all or no, applications, i really like it for those awkward moments where you believe people are sifting through your personal info, when you lend them your phone. jailbreak your ipod and it works like a beauty.