Is there a way to mute your phone except for 1 person in your contacts?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ap3604, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Jan 11, 2011
    I was wondering if there was a tweak that would allow me to silence my phone from everyone at night except 1 contact in particular?

I'd get random calls at night and want them muted so I can sleep but if one particular person calls me I want to be woken up and hear it.

Any type of tweak out there that does this?
  2. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

Oct 13, 2010
    iBlacklist will do whatever you want. You can configure a profile that will only allow one person to ring through and everybody else goes to voice mail, or gets a busy signal, or whatever.

Personally, I leave iBlacklist set to reject all calls except those in my phone book. Especially odious blocks of commercial callers go to a Youmail ditch list with a recording saying they do not have authorization to contact me, and then hang up. :)

Alternatively, you could set your default ringer to silent at night, except that the one person you want has a custom ringer assigned.
  3. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jan 11, 2011
    Wow :eek:

Thanks for taking the time to respond Mr. Knighton :)

I'm checking out a YouTube video on iblacklist as we speak. This will be a huge help while I'm in school since I don't want everyone who has a last minute 2am project freak out to be able to call me, only a certain pretty one I like in particular ;)