Is there a way to place videos/music ON the iPhone without iTunes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JPIndustrie, Aug 27, 2008.

1. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Hey,

Is there a way to transfer videos/music onto the iPhone 3G, without iTunes? The reason being, I'm at work - and my iPhone is sync'ed to my library at home, and I can't use iTunes on my laptop or else it will format the iPhone.

The reason being, I have a compatible video file and I'd like to put it on my iPhone without using iTunes, so I can watch it on the way home.

I know Sharepod could do it, but it isn't compatible with transferring music onto the iPhone. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. DN7335 macrumors 6502

I believe that currently the new 2.0 firmware hash for the music database has yet to be broken. I use MediaMonkey for my music and it could sync with 1.x but not 2.0. Reading those forums, the developers are working feverishly to try and crack this new hash but no luck so far. Once it is cracked, you'll be able to use third party music managers (like MediaMonkey, Winamp, etc) to manage your music.

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I use Datacase. I think it cost me about $6-7 at App store. I have trasferred 3 sets of movies (mp4). Each movie contains 2 - 1GB MP4s. Works great for me. I was able to watch 2 full movies on the plane.

And yes, you can transfer direct via Datacase. There are couple others at App store that can also do the same. I just don't have the funds to try them all.

Keep in mind its a Wifi transfer, not USB. I can copy a 1 GB mp4 to my iphone in around 15 minutes.

Good luck.

4. JPIndustrie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

O wow. That's awesome. I didn't know they had those type of utilities on the App Store. Thanks!

5. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

awesome awesome awesome... good to know!

lets see the samsung do that!!