Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Is there a way with the Leopard System on my Macbook Pro 13" to revert the operating system back to an earlier time? Since yesterday where I opened Entourage and was locked into the MY DAY option in Entourage, and had a few other missteps, I have encountered an electrical sounding click, which I can eliminate by muting the sound. It comes and goes randomly. Though I trashed Entourage and finally got rid of, I think, the MYDAY icon that insisted on showing up in my Dock on startup of computer, I have read that maybe my system is still trying to either connect or is somehow still linked to either Entourage (which I only opened once) or the MyDay option in Entourage, which was more difficult to trash and get rid of.
Is there a way, as in Microsoft, to return my system to an earlier state without a complete reinstall or reinstall with archive? And if I did a complete reinstall with archive, wouldn't I be potentially just reinstalling the problem?
thanks

rcf-dds

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
Cleveland & Columbus, OH
http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/time-machine.html

Go back in time.
Say you accidentally deleted a file you meant to save. Simply enter the Time Machine browser and you’ll see exactly how your computer looked on the dates you’re browsing. You can browse for files using Cover Flow or perform a Spotlight search to find what you need. Use the timeline to select a specific date, or let Time Machine fly through time to find your most recent changes. Before recovering a file, use Quick Look to verify the contents of the file, then click Restore to bring it back to the present.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Unfortunately only have Time Machine on my IMAC.

This is a fairly new computer so I haven't used Time Machine on it. If I backup the system from Time Machine from my IMAC it will work, but then I will have to reinstall the Leopard System from the dvd disc and maybe need to reinstall with archive to transfer the touchpad elements etc. from the Macbook Pro. I used Time Machine from my Imac on this computer when I first bought it to transfer everything from the Imac to this Macbook Pro?
But what would be the best way to ensure that whatever might have occurred yesterday is not carried over to the new reinstall? I'd be happy to transfer the last backup of Time Machine from my Imac over again to this computer. I just want to get rid of what may have occurred yesterday in the process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.