Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radioman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
UK
I was wondering if there was a way to see how many satellites are being received and their signal level as you can do with most other GPS receivers?

I had a look and can't find anything, nor any app. which does either. Any ideas?

Torq

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
The closest thing I know of to what you are asking for is the MotionX GPS application. It will show overall signal level both as a graph and a description, but it does not have the typical satellite views you find on most dedicated GPS units.

The Lite version is free and includes the status screen, but you can see what it will show you just buy looking at it on the store.

Radioman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
UK
The closest thing I know of to what you are asking for is the MotionX GPS application. It will show overall signal level both as a graph and a description, but it does not have the typical satellite views you find on most dedicated GPS units.

The Lite version is free and includes the status screen, but you can see what it will show you just buy looking at it on the store.

Thanks for this ti, have downloaded it, it's a jolly good app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.