Is there a way to send websites/directions/etc. from computer to the iPhone screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b24pgg, Apr 24, 2012.

1. b24pgg, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

b24pgg macrumors 65816

Let's say I've mapped out directions in Google Maps on my computer and I'd like to push those directions to my iPhone so they open instantly in the Maps app.

Any way to do this?

EDIT: I'm using a PC

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

E-Mailing the URL is probably the fastest.

I can think of a couple of other ways, but every single one is either not as fast or not as simple as e-mail.

Yeah, a disappointing answer, I know.

3. LunarFalcon macrumors member

If you are using the Messages beta on your Mac, you can drag the link to a message to yourself and it will come up on your phone as an iMessage.

4. Raegor macrumors member

5. kalex macrumors 65816

6. chuges macrumors member

I think I read something about a feature in mountain lion where when you view a page in safari, you can press a "cloud" button and that same website is beamed to your iphone.

If so they might incorporate that into a future update of Safari for PC.

But yeah email is probably the best way for right now.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Same with me, after trying other things it's just the simplest way to do it.

8. fox51 macrumors newbie

When I send the URL to the driving directions to my iphone it opens the map app and a message appears saying that driving directions cannot be found. Is there a distance limit?

9. MacDadd3 macrumors newbie

If you use chrome and your logged in on both phone and compy just open chrome and your last tab will be accessible..

10. fox51 macrumors newbie

What I want to do is get the google map driving directions from my mac to my iphone. sending the URL via email to my iphone works just fine. The issue is that the google maps app on the iphone apparently can't handle long routes as it gives the message that the driving directions aren't available.

I tried a shorter route which opens with a choice of driving directions between the two points, just like it would have done had I entered those two places on my iphone app. It does not give me the route that I tweaked google maps into drawing for me. Not sure what the point of sending the google map driving directions to the phone is if they don't keep the same routing.

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

So u want an "Avatar" control, just place your iPhone next to the PC, swipe you hands from PC to iPhone and TADA!

Would be sweet! :D

But seriously, THERE is an App idea!

12. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

13. darster Suspended

There is an app called SendTab. Don't know if that is what you are looking for.

14. reputationZed macrumors 65816

The cloud actually works pretty well. No need to e-mail between ML, iPhone and iPad. E-mail is a more universal approach though

15. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

17. chrisvee macrumors regular

You could try using Google Chrome on both your PC and your iPhone. You'll be able to see the tabs you have open on your desktop on your phone, as long as your signed into your Google account on both.

18. gentlefury macrumors 68030

19. fox51 macrumors newbie

So the appropriate question is, does anyone customize a google map route that they can then view on their iphone? Hopefully that better explains the solution I'm looking for. I can transfer the URL of the route to the phone, no problem, its just not customized any more. Thanks to all for your suggestions so far.

20. ElZeus macrumors regular

When google maps is released for the iphone it will probably carry over the android feature of showing your previous google maps searches.