Is there a way to sort by filename? THIS IS KILLING MY OCD!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bawstun, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I recently upgraded to 4.1 much to the chagrin of my jailbreak.

Long story aside, before I un JB'd I saved all my camera roll photos to a folder. Called it "Camera Roll 1" and selected that folder to sync with the new os software. Everything syncs fine, but it's ALL out of order. It isn't in the order I took the pictures at ALL. I look on my PC in the file order, and everything's fine. IMG__03.jpg IMG__04.jpb, IMG__078.jpg IMG__079.jpg etc, everything in the running order I took the photos.

But when it syncs to my iphone, everything is jumbled. I can't figure out an order at all. Some of the newest photos I've taken are dead center of the album, old ones are showing up at the end, new ones are showing up near those, etc. There is no rhyme or reason.

It's driving me crazy because I knew where to find something based on the group it was in and when I took it. For instance, one night out a party was all together, so when I saw one picture from the party, I knew all the others were with it. Now those same pictures are scattered throughout the entire album. It's irritating me to no end and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it? Is there a solution to this? Or once you put pictures from your camera roll into a folder, are you basically just at the mercy of however itunes decides to organize them?

2. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

guess this is just another Steve Jobs 'feature' that I'm not grasping. le sigh.

3. twelve56 macrumors member

I hated this aswel. I found out you can get them in order by changing the date, ie the earliest date of the image would be first. It started to get annoying having to do this everytime i added new photos, so i just gave up in the end. Would be great if apple introduced a screen in itunes to organise them like you can do with the home screens.

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just organize them in iPhoto and sync by album. Works great, and you can sort them however you like ;)

5. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I don't have iphoto, I'm stuck on a PC right now unfortunately.

It just makes no sense. I don't understand why when moving photos to an album, they don't appear by filename/date order as they did in the camera roll. All I'm doing is taking my entire camera roll and putting it into an album and then starting fresh. But it mixes EVERYTHING up. And the filenames are still all the same as they were on the phone, the default naming system IMG_58.jpg etc.

I can't even make sense of how it's syncing them, there literally seems to be no order to it at all.