is there a way to store new unlocked iphone contacts somewhere in case i lose data?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shibony, Jan 3, 2011.

1. shibony macrumors newbie

i noticed that everytime i restore , my contacts in my sim card from when i added them in my old phone are still there, but the ones i added on my iphone aren't saved. is there a way i can save newly added iphone contacts somewhere in case i need to restore again? i don't like having to readd them and sometimes i don't write phone new numbers down. thanks

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I just sync my contacts with google contacts via iTunes.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

"is there a way i can save newly added iphone contacts somewhere in case i need to restore again?"

I sync my iphone with my mac. The contacts are saved in the address book program on the mac. Any edits made on the computer get resynced back to the iphone. Pretty simple.

4. shibony thread starter macrumors newbie

these are phone numbers you are talking about right? is there a yahoo one lol

5. Missjenna, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011

Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Yes, phone numbers. I'm not sure if it works with yahoo. Why don't you open up iTunes and look for yourself ;)

Edit: It says it works with yahoo address book.

6. thep33t macrumors regular

I wouldn't trust that sync backup as far as I could throw a truck. I have had my phone on sync actually delete my backuped data on my outlook account and then overwrite all my contacts on phone with the then empty data, effectively deleting all my contacts...

7. NEvolution macrumors regular

Google Contacts. From there you can export your contacts to Outlook, etc.

And it can also restore contacts in case you accidentally delete them or the sync goes wrong and something disappears.

I use it to sync my contacts between my BB and iPhone (and any other phone I decide to use).

8. TJone macrumors 6502a

Once you are JB you can just copy this folder to your computer:
    /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook

I think that is where the contacts are saved anyways...