Is there a Wifi shortcut ?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

Is their an app or something similar that can be put on my home screen that would allow me to activate wifi without having to access settings everytime on my iPhone 4.

I'm not jb.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
They suck anyway. A poor substitute for what we should have.
I agree which is why I am anxiously awaiting the jailbreak for the 4S

Why so and where foes it state this !

Damn thought I'd had a nice work around there !!
It sucks because it takes up space on your home screen instead of being integrated into notification centre or something like that and because it has to open safari first. I'm not sure where it's stated but I have read that these won't work on 5.1 so you're gonna have to not update if you want to keep those shortcuts.

Comment

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I kinda think the new update will out weigh a short cut !

It will do for now.
What's included in the new update that you think will outweigh them? I know you'll be able to delete individual photos from photo stream which is definitely something I'd want if I wasn't going to jailbreak my 4S

Comment

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I wish these shortcuts didn't feel so forced. That is something I wish apple would open up a bit to allow apps to access certain settings.

I'm not saying a toggle for a phone reset but wifi Bluetooth gps and cell data should be able to be turned on and off quickly.

Comment

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
I kinda think the new update will out weigh a short cut!
Yeah, the new update 5.1 will bring the enable/disable 3G toggle back to the AT&T version of the 4S (very nice!)... but I would rather stay at 5.0.1 and be able to jailbreak my 4S soon ;)

If Apple doesn't implement it, you don't want it - that's their thought process behind a lot of design decisions.
I always love it when companies think for me and tell me what is best for me. Dont you? :rolleyes:

Comment