Is there an advantage in ordering from Apple vs Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garrett67, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Garrett67 macrumors regular

I just wonder if there are any advantages if I were to order from Apple or Verizon. ?

I'm an upgrade eligible Verizon customer that hasn't owned an iPhone since I had an 8GB iPhone 3G.

Since there aren't any Apple stores near me, the only advantage I see is if I order from Verizon, I can return the phone easily if I needed to.

Oh, and I get $50 off for upgrading, not sure if I would get that from Verizon if I were to order from Apple.com

thanks

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

No advantage or disadvantage, just more options to order the phone form different locations. I am ordering from Sprint myself, since I trust Sprint more with handling a Sprint account, than Apple.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

It all depends on which site crashes or bogs down, which who knows if that'll happen this year.

I always go with whatever website is working decently.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

Yes. If you order from Apple you can get an AT&T iPhone, if you order from Verizon you can only get a Verizon iPhone. I would consider that a huge advantage.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I would order from Verizon if you have a $50 credit for loyalty or whatever, Apple won't give you that.

----------

What? You can order AT&T or Verizon through Apple.

6. brand, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

brand macrumors 601

brand

I never said you couldn't order a Verizon from Apple did I.

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Pretty sure my Verizon iPhone came from Apple last year. Could be having a brain fart though.

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

And your point is? I never said that Apple doesn't carry the Verizon iPhone. I said that it is better to get an iPhone from Apple because you can get the AT&T iPhone while if you choose to get the iPhone from Verizon you are stuck getting the Verizon iPhone.

9. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Good Lord. Obviously you can't get an AT&T iPhone from Verizon. I just thought it would be common sense that since the OP asked between the two that he/she had Verizon service. Where you can get an AT&T, Cricket, or any other provider is of no importance whatsoever to the OP's situation.

10. itsaustinh macrumors member

Order from Verizon because they have a better understanding of the plan and billing side of things. Apple customer support doesn't have a clue when it comes to things like this, they just ship a phone.

11. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

The main advantage I can see is that Apple provides a lot better tracking information for you phone, you get a tracking number as soon as it leaves China. With Verizon it sits in a warehouse for a couple days and you don't get a tracking number till a few days before launch day. This freaks a lot of people out. I will be ordering from whatever website doesn't crash. Last year that was Verizon.