Is there an app for Mac that will download a whole website for offline view?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flac, May 3, 2015.

1. Flac macrumors regular

Jan 28, 2015
  2. cschaetzle, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015

cschaetzle macrumors member

Apr 23, 2015
    But SiteSucker does that.
    You can find it in the Mac App Store
  3. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2008
    USA (Virginia)
    Ha! The program you linked to , HTTrack, will run on a Mac, too, and it worked really well for me.

You'll need to compile it yourself, though (or use Macports or Homebrew which I don't know much about) and I know that compiling stuff is not everyone's cup of tea...

(About a year ago the latest version was "httrack-3.48.13.tar.gz" and I ran into compilation errors I couldn't resolve. However, slightly older version "httrack-3.47.27.tar.gz" compiled easily with no errors, and ran perfectly for my needs. The current version is "httrack-3.48.21.tar.gz" so you'd want to try that first, of course.)
  4. Combat-Wombat macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2010
    Why not just save the website using File > Save As in
  5. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Feb 6, 2014
    As far as I know, that will only save the web page you're viewing, not the entire website. The OP is asking about saving an entire website.
  6. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

Dec 16, 2014
    You can search the keywords 'website copier for mac' by google to find a program for you.
  7. Flac thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 28, 2015

I used SiteSucker to download a website and it took about 2GB of space. But when I checked again about 6GB of my space was gone! I deleted and it seemed to recover up to about 2-3GB, but then I checked later on and that much was lost again. I only have 5GB of storage left!