Is there an app for this? Automatically buy apps that go on sale for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by salilsundresh, Sep 12, 2013.

1. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

Every now and then I'll hear about some paid app that have gone on sale for FREE temporarily. I know there's quite a few of these sort of offers going on every day. I just want to be able to "buy" it when it's free so I can download it for free if I ever come across it and think it would be useful.

I've been doing this manually, but isn't there some app for Windows or Mac that could take care of this for me so I don't have to bother keeping up with sales?

Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    No other app can make auto purchases using your iTunes account.
    You will have to keep staying up to date on your own and purchasing manually.

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Not that I'm aware of. Though I did come across this site called FreeAppAlert which lists recent free apps, and has a nice RSS feed of the free apps each day. It doesn't help you with needing to manually download them, but it would make finding them easier at least.

4. salilsundresh thread starter macrumors 6502

What makes you think that? One could easily make a script with automator to make a purchase...but of course it wouldn't be able to do anything but that specific action.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They could write a script like that but only a jb hack could go around something like that and would need to be installed by cydia on a jb device.
    Apple would never approve a script/app like that with auto purchases for you using your itunes account for many many reasons.

6. salilsundresh thread starter macrumors 6502

You could do it on windows if you can't do it on OS X

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh you mean using a PC program installed on a computer?
    Not a bad idea. There isn't one available now but would be very useful to download and purchase apps using your set apple ID and password and load them to your iTunes library.