Is there an app that has notifications like Palm OS and Andriod

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dammit Cubs, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

It would nice if I can just get the message to show up on the status messenger. I use Lock info for the pull down to see what my text says but it would nice to get a small bubble or push down that shows displays the text message initially.

Does anyone know if there is a JB app similar to this?

Thanks.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Notified Pro + Notified Pro Grip will do this.

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

notified pro

but i dont use the grip thing

i use the statusbar add-on

4. cougar11 macrumors member

not to be thread jacking or anything, but whats a better notifications app...lockinfo or notified pro? TIA

5. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

LOLOLOLOL Thread Jacking is the best word I heard all day. I never heard that phrase before. I love it.

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

7. Dammit Cubs, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I tried notification plus grip and when you get a text message, it just says "messages" it doesn't actually display the message. I would like a little preview.

i love how grip looks and thats probably what i want. but as along as it displays the messages so i can read it right away and then it goes away.

Update. NEVERMIND i figured it out. Thanks guys.

8. Chromus macrumors regular

9. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

yeah. I think so. What's interesting is that grip seems to be only for messages. I don't get a pop up for push notifications or emails.

10. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You should for push notifications, but not email. There was a bug that caused the mail app to crash if too many emails came in at any one time.

You can also customise the icons that appear in the status bar, i'm sure there are a few guides out that for you to embark upon that.

11. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Thanks for the information. I turned off the icons that appear in the status bar because they conflicted with lock info. Overall, i prefer lock info. but the little bubble that pops in the bottom of i happen to be using my phone and I get a text is priceless.

It's the little things....

12. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I got Notified Pro, but I can't find Notified Pro Grip on Cydia. Is there a repo I need to add to find it? The only one I can find are on xsellize, and I'd rather get it from Big Boss (since that's the repo I've found it's listed on).

13. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Nevermind. I found it. It's called Notifications Grip for Notified Pro on Cydia.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna give it a test run.

14. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

For text messages, it's hard to beat Tlert. If all iOS notifications worked in such a simple way, I'd be almost out of reasons to jailbreak. I'm gonna miss it so badly when I buy an iPhone 5 later this year and have to wait to jailbreak, since I'm going to assume Apple will STILL neglect to address this shortcoming in iOS.

15. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Oh yeah, even though Tlert is a paid app, they offer a trial to see if you like it first.

16. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

So which do you most people prefer...lock info or notified pro?

17. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

So personally I don't get it at all with Notified. All it does is create a new app that collects all your notifications. You still get the annoying modal popups from iOS. It seems rather pointless to get all the notifications anyway, then have to open up some new app to see them all collected together.

18. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

No.

Notified Pro is able to block the iOS popups, that's what makes it useful.

19. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Plus i also use popup blocker (separate program)