iPhone Is there an app that tracks where you go and gives you that data?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bahamut Eos, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Bahamut Eos macrumors member

Bahamut Eos

So it's pretty clear that lots of apps secretly record everywhere you go. Well, honestly I think it would be pretty cool to have an on going record of everywhere I've been, so can answer stupid questions like, when was the last time I went to Costco, etc. fairly easily and quickly. Maybe, I lost my wallet and need to remember everywhere I've been.

Maybe constant location checking every minute or so would be a huge battery drain, but I'd love to have an app that makes that data searchable and useful for me the user. Does anyone know if an app like that is already out there? Maybe there's something that's more geared on spying on your kids or something I could use for myself? Because of the way my memory works, it could almost be a type of auto-journal.

Thanks!

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

you can enable that in google maps actually. i had that when i was studying abroad. i can still go back to the nights i got lost in barcelona and retrace my steps haha or the first day i couldnt find the campus

3. I7guy macrumors G5

Enable frequent locations. It doesn't track the route, just the end points.

4. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Go to settings -> privacy -> location services -> system services -> frequent locations

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I think the OP is looking for something like Google Maps will do on Android. It'll track your location continuously and plot it on Google Maps on your desktop so you can see your routes, times, etc.

Not sure if iOS gives you a way to access this same information.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Oh, there was an app on my old blackberry that did the same thing. I'm sure there have to be apps to do this.