Is there an app to download videos on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by atacinus, Dec 1, 2010.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

So let's say I'm browsing the web and I get to a video - it's an .mp4 or .mpg and I want to watch it on the iPad - yes...I can load it and it caches, but if I navigate away to another page it would have to load again.

Is there any app that I can plug in a URL of a video - and it downloads and stores locally in the app until I sync to my computer and then I have the option of transferring it over (ala iwork)?

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Yes,

in the official app store download the app called "downloads".

It works AWESOME!!!

Then you can SSH them off of your phone or transfer them to your mobile me account online and always watch movies and clips youve downloaded. :)

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

Why the sarcasm? I don't think it's an outrageous question. I'm not asking that an official system by apple be in place to support it - I'm just asking out of the 100's of thousands of apps if there might be one that does this.

4. rezatayebi macrumors regular

Filer is also an option. A great app you can get from app store. It works great will all kinds of formats.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Get Goodreader. Then place a "g" in front of the "http://" and tap the "go" arrow. Sit back and wait for it to download.

6. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all - Also to the first responder I just re-read your reply and realized it wasn't sarcasm - I read it incorrectly the first time. Sorry!

7. mrboult macrumors 6502

mrboult

Download manager HD

. . . . Is what I use. Works great for me. And can then open the files in the App if they're iPad supported media. Otherwise you can open in VLC App or Cinexplayer App (there can be a bit of a time delay between selecting 'open in' and the video opening in the chosen app)