Is there an app which shows which app uses how much of my 3g data?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DevilInDisguise, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DevilInDisguise macrumors member

Hi,

As the title says, Is there an app which shows which app uses how much of my 3g data?

Im on a 100 MB 3g data plan and I've already used up 90 MB on my iphone 5 in 4 days.

Im curious to know which app is eating up all my data allowance. Is it Whatsapp, Facebook, Flipboard, etc. I wanna know how much each app is eating from my data allowance. Is there an app which can tell me this?

2. DevilInDisguise thread starter macrumors member

Wow that was quick! Thank you! just what i was lookin for! Tried putting "data" in search, didnt come up with what i wanted. Thanks again!

I notice this app is doing something over VPN constantly. What exactly is it doing over VPN? And is it eating on my battery life heavily? Also what if i close this app? will it still gather data? or does it need to be on always?

3. BRyken macrumors 6502

I will say in my experience, because this installs an APN, it slows my LTE speeds down considerably. Your mileage may very, but give it a try.

4. DevilInDisguise thread starter macrumors member

How does this slow down data speeds? What do u mean by mileage? battery life?

5. declandio macrumors 6502

I can't give you a proper answer but I do know that whatsapp records it's data use; you can view the numbers from within the settings of the app itself. I'm always surprised at how tiny they are so I doubt that's the app that's using a lot of your data.

If you're jailbroken etc, I think you can get 'little snitch' (or something similar) to monitor data use...

6. DevilInDisguise thread starter macrumors member

Also is there an app that tells u which app takes up how much battery life? I have battery doctor, but that doesnt help with apps. Just the phones main features.

7. DevilInDisguise thread starter macrumors member

When setting up my iphone 5, i used my contacts from my hotmail acc. Thing is now, i cant remove that hotmail account from my phone, if i do, all my contacts are gone.

How do i transfer the contacts on my hotmail acc on my phone or put it on my icloud acc contacts, so i can remove the hotmail acc?

Also when someone calls me, their name comes on the left, with a photo icon on the right? how do i change that? I want the name to come in the center while the picture can take up the full wallpaper screen.

8. DevilInDisguise thread starter macrumors member

Onavo Count doesnt seem to pick up my facebook data properly.

Also Onavo Count tends to use a lot of data on its own.

Also would anyone know why 3G data is being used when my wifi connection is on?

9. allyourbass macrumors newbie

useful post

Thanks for this post everyone. I was looking for something like this as well. Hope Ovano won't use too much data.