Is there an equivalent to the Griffin Survivor Slim case, but has fingerprint access?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Shmible, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Shmible macrumors newbie

I've been doing a lot of research and this one caught my eye. Currently I have a 3Gs (lol), but I will be getting a 5s for Christmas. The current case on my 3Gs is the Otterbox Impact. I really like the non-slip silicone outside. It has done a great job protecting my phone for the last 2 years, which is why I'm liking the Griffin Slim version as well. Also I like that the Slim has an inner shell for further protection. The only problem is there is no fingerprint access. Are there any alternatives similar to this case? All suggestions welcome. I'm kind picky though so just warning you ahead of time lol.

Also I really like the look of the Tough Armor, but how well does it protect? Also is it non-slip like a silicone case?

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

the Tough Armor is great, and has decent drop protection. The surface of it is far from "grippy" but its not slippery like plastic cases, kind of a happy medium. It's similar to TPU, but stiffer feeling, almost has a soft touch kind of finish

You could always check out the Otterbox Prefix, it's kind of a spiritual successor to the Impact

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-5/5S...e-5_color=R3&start=2&cgid=prefix-series-cases

3. Shmible, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

Shmible thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice I may go with the Prefix. I don't like the outer plastic shell on the Commuter. It seems like it would be more slippery than I prefer, and I've read that the plastic shell has broken for some people. The Defender seems cool but a little more protection and bulk than I think I'll need.

Has anyone had any experience with the Prefix? It seems like it has decent reviews, but it's not as widely reviewed as the Commuter and Defender.