Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Hey everyone.

I gave my mom my old iHome with a 30 pin connector when I moved to android. It worked well when she had her 3GS, but I gave her my 5 a few months back and now she's starting to complain about only being able to listen to the radio because of her iPhone not fitting on the dock.

So long story short I'm looking for a dock with music playback. It doesn't have to be super good, it's just for work and she is the complete opposite of an audiophile. She probably doesn't even know what that means. A quick search on amazon and Best Buy yielded nothing but charging docks. That wouldn't solve anything. Also I don't want to use a 30 Pin to Lighting adapter, I would rather have something that could work with cases and such, so she could use it when she gets the iPhone 6, or 5CS or whatever the next thing is. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Hey everyone.

I gave my mom my old iHome with a 30 pin connector when I moved to android. It worked well when she had her 3GS, but I gave her my 5 a few months back and now she's starting to complain about only being able to listen to the radio because of her iPhone not fitting on the dock.

So long story short I'm looking for a dock with music playback. It doesn't have to be super good, it's just for work and she is the complete opposite of an audiophile. She probably doesn't even know what that means. A quick search on amazon and Best Buy yielded nothing but charging docks. That wouldn't solve anything. Also I don't want to use a 30 Pin to Lighting adapter, I would rather have something that could work with cases and such, so she could use it when she gets the iPhone 6, or 5CS or whatever the next thing is. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

There are not many docks under $50 but would a Bluetooth speaker be good? I think she will like that much better. Or you can get a 3-pin to Bluetooth adapter which makes any 30-pin dock in a Bluetooth speaker. She will just have to use a charging cable to charge the device instead of dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.