Resolved Is there any application that you drag and drop images and get direct link? [Resolved—Yes there is!]

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poiihy, Apr 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

There are things like CloudApp but they always give you a URL to a page where you can view it, but I always want the direct link but I can't find any service that allows you to choose to get a direct link automatically copied to your clipboard when you drag and drop an image onto the icon in the menu bar.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. iMac-Do-You? macrumors member

I assume you mean online images, viewed in a browser? In most browsers you can Ctrl-Click (or right-click) the image and select "Copy Image Address" in the menu.

4. poiihy, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

Ok this looks perfect but how do I compile/build it to use?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2016 ---
    No you're way off... I'm talking about an application where you drag images from the desktop to the menu bar icon to upload it to an image host, and then it puts the direct link of the image in your clipboard. There are applications that do that like CloudApp and Jumpshare but they always give you the "link" which is just a link to a webpage to view it, but they don't give you any option to make it put the direct link instead (you can get the direct link but you have to do more clicking for each image which just makes it inconvenient and no better than going to any image hosting website and doing it the old-fashioned way.).
    I found this page http://macappstore.org/mac2imgur/ and followed its instructions and it worked! I had to use sudo for the brew command but other than that it worked flawlessly, and the app is perfect and exactly what I want! :D Thank you very much.
    Ok so if anyone else wants a program that you drag and drop images to the menu bar icon and it uploads (to imgur :D) and gives you the direct link in your clipboard, one does exist! Go to http://macappstore.org/mac2imgur/ and follow the instructions (you may have to use sudo for the brew command) and that is it.