Is there any benefit of going from AT&T unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CandieB, Sep 21, 2013.

1. CandieB macrumors member

I have 3 iphone all with AT&T unlimited plans at $30 each + the $30 unlimited family text + $50 family talk plan. With taxes and all those other charges we pay my bill is like $184 per month. We rarely use very much data. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to change to the family share plan. Any thought? Thanks

2. mjcxp macrumors regular

I doubt it will be any cheaper with family share. If you have a FAN discount you also receive a discount on the unlimited data. I am not sure if there are discounts on the share plans.

3. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Family share is voice only. I think you mean the Mobile Share where you get unlimited talk/text and free tethering. Those are the benefits...plus you can add an iPad, etc if need be for little money.

(If you really aren't on a family share plan, you should look into that too to share voice minutes.)

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I wouldn't. If you ever change your habits (like suddenly start streaming music while driving) your data usage will skyrocket.

5. CandieB thread starter macrumors member

You are correct I meant mobile share. We are of a family share plan for voice. I believe it is 550 a month and we have almost 3k worth of of roll over minutes. I was thinking of the tethering for my son, so I wasn't sure if the mobile share would be better for that than our current unlimited. Thanks