Is there any chance of a last minute UI overhaul for Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iFanboy, Aug 15, 2013.

1. iFanboy Guest

Apple have done an awesome job on iOS7 IMHO (although people seems to be a bit polarised on that).

Apple have now updated iCloud to look more like the iOS7 style.

Mavericks is now the odd one out. It sounds strange to me that everything apple would be updated to a new UI apart from the OS for a whole year until Mavericks successor next summer.

Any chance of a switcheroo at the last minute by Apple do you think? Suddenly Mavericks having a new iOS7 style overhaul just before release?

I'm thinking less of a last minute rush by apple and more something that they were planning and have been secretly working on all along.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

No. Doing so would defeat the purpose of putting out Developer Previews.

3. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

While def. possible, I hope not! I like Mavericks the way it is [ appearance wise ] right now.

Well, they could bring back colored icons in the sidebar for some eye candy [ currently achieved thru side-affects ], and allow for multi-colored dock. ;)

I truly appreciate the ' under the hood ' enhancements in 10.9 and I seriously hope Apple continues to focus on function over form going further with Mac OS.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Seems unlikely. Redoing the whole OS will be quite a task, do it for the 2014 release.

5. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

No chance. Thankfully.

6. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

what you see on the apple os x mavericks preview page is what we are getting nothing less nothing more.

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Not quite true, as iOS 7 has changed slightly from what's on apple.com.

8. bobbba macrumors regular

Unfortunately not. There tends to be very few major changes during the beta so I'm pretty sure it's going to be almost identical which is a shame really as I was hoping for an iOS 7 style makeover for it.

9. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Minus the skeumorphism creep that came to calendar & address book (and is now removed in Mavericks), OS X's user interface is fine, iOS on the other hand was really in need of the overhaul it's getting.