Is there any easy way to swap 38 for 42mm?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by James.K.Polk, Sep 12, 2016.

1. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

I got a (fantastic, IMO) 42mm Watch, then got it replaced under warranty, so it's like brand new. But I can't seem to find a website (besides Craigslist, though no bites) where I could even exchange the sizes. Does anyone know if any Apple resellers/retailers do this? Or are there dedicated sites like there were with bands?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Selling it is about your only choice and the price are very low.

3. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

You could try posting something here in the marketplace. Seems like there's probably some people out there who would be willing to trade their 38mm for your 42mm.

4. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I got it for a great price, and if I'm forced to stick with it, it's no problem. If nothing else, it bothers me I'm in 2nd smallest (and sometimes smallest) hole on the leather band... the watch face itself doesn't seem particularly large, especially compared to my running watches.

Edit: I basically have this exact issue http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/38-or-42mm-for-my-150mm-wrist.1866623/, so it seems like it's a toss up. Again, I don't think the 42 looks bad, I just like the idea of the smaller watch.

5. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I prefer the 38mm myself, but if it's just the length of the band that bothers you then you could try a different band. Either a different length of the same band, or a third party band that is shorter.

Sean

6. WLS macrumors 65816

I ordered a 38 inch myself but I'm finding that Apple does not make 38's with long enough bands for a 8 inch wrist. Makes me wish I had gotten a 42 instead. Read my PM.

7. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Done and done. My wrist is 150 cm.