Is there any iPhone 4S case out there that works with a standard headphone jack?

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I am having major issues trying to find a case that would let me use a standard headphone jack with my iPhone. I have a pair of Grado SR80s that I cannot use with my current case, as well as my Klipsch speakers. I'm looking for a case that has a larger cutout for headphones... does this exist? I currently have an Otterbox Commuter.

ihonda

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2009
case mate barely there case..? incipio feather.. the list goes on and on

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I am having major issues trying to find a case that would let me use a standard headphone jack
There's a wide variety of 3.5mm plug sizes (not the plug itself but the head of the plug). What dimensions do you consider to be "standard"? Don't mistake "what I use" for "standard". Some plugs fit my case. Some do not.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
The earbuds that come with the iPhone are more narrow around the jack. Many other headphones are fatter around the jack and don't fit.

TheLegend

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
I can safely say the Graft Concepts Leverage case will NOT work with a standard headphone jack.

This has bugged me so much, that I'm considering buying a new case already!

godori

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
Incase Snap, my Grado SR60 fits no problem. I wanted the Elago S4 but wasn't too sure about the cutout for my headphones. I got one off ebay for $20. Make sure its genuine and that it will fit the new 4S.

Last edited:

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I was actually looking at the Elago S4 case... I want one in orange :D It's only $10 on Amazon, so I was thinking about taking a shot at it anyway.

Jamie pill

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
There's a wide variety of 3.5mm plug sizes (not the plug itself but the head of the plug). What dimensions do you consider to be "standard"? Don't mistake "what I use" for "standard". Some plugs fit my case. Some do not.