Is there any iPhone 4S case out there that works with a standard headphone jack?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SuperSnake2012, Jan 6, 2012.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I am having major issues trying to find a case that would let me use a standard headphone jack with my iPhone. I have a pair of Grado SR80s that I cannot use with my current case, as well as my Klipsch speakers. I'm looking for a case that has a larger cutout for headphones... does this exist? I currently have an Otterbox Commuter.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

case mate barely there case..? incipio feather.. the list goes on and on

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's a wide variety of 3.5mm plug sizes (not the plug itself but the head of the plug). What dimensions do you consider to be "standard"? Don't mistake "what I use" for "standard". Some plugs fit my case. Some do not.

4. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

What is a "standard headphone jack?" For some, the Apple earbud is standard because it's so common.

5. SuperSnake2012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The earbuds that come with the iPhone are more narrow around the jack. Many other headphones are fatter around the jack and don't fit.

6. supra92 macrumors newbie

7. TheLegend macrumors member

TheLegend

I can safely say the Graft Concepts Leverage case will NOT work with a standard headphone jack.

This has bugged me so much, that I'm considering buying a new case already!

8. godori, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

godori macrumors newbie

Incase Snap, my Grado SR60 fits no problem. I wanted the Elago S4 but wasn't too sure about the cutout for my headphones. I got one off ebay for $20. Make sure its genuine and that it will fit the new 4S.

9. SuperSnake2012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was actually looking at the Elago S4 case... I want one in orange :D It's only $10 on Amazon, so I was thinking about taking a shot at it anyway.

10. Jamie pill macrumors newbie

There's a wide variety of 3.5mm plug sizes (not the plug itself but the head of the plug). What dimensions do you consider to be "standard"? Don't mistake "what I use" for "standard". Some plugs fit my case. Some do not.