Is there any known way to record iPhone 4s screen footage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple2000, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Apple2000 macrumors member

Is there any known way to record iPhone 4s Screen Footage? Thanks

2. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

You'll have to jailbreak and download a paid app off Cydia for that.

However docking your iPhone, with good lighting and a decent camera on a tripod works just as well if not better. Most prominent YouTubers use this method because you can see what their fingers are doing on the screen as well.

3. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Surely an app would be able to implement a visual for touch events in screencasts? They could display touch events like they do in Apple stores (the grey circles).

4. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

Sure you're right, but I don't like the idea of just being able to see the screen for some reason. It seems more personal if they're filming the iPhone instead of just being able to see a screen.

But i'm sure there is a jailbreak app that fits your description.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

There are a variety of video out cables that allow you to do whatever you want with the signal. Or you could go "YouTube" and simply film a TV screen while doing AirPlay with mirroring.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Display Recorder on Cydia

I hear you, however there are certain things, like app reviews, that I find a little bit rough myself. When you have someone man handling that tiny screen and tapping away, it's difficult to see what's going on sometimes. Like I said, depends on what you are trying to show off, IMO.

7. Roessnakhan, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

For a jailbreak-free way of doing it: Reflection will allow you to mirror your iOS device to your Mac, then use the QuickTime screen recording feature to record that region of the screen. It is how The Verge does their videos.

Here's a quick example I recorded: