Is there any point in going to the Apple store Friday afternoon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CdnMacJen, Oct 12, 2011.

1. CdnMacJen macrumors member

So my iPhone order status is still sadly as follows:

iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Available: 1 - 2 Weeks
    Delivers 24 Oct - 31 Oct via Standard Shipping

I ordered at about 6 a.m. MST on Oct. 7th. Silly me, I ordered one from Fido at 4:00 a.m., then changed my mind and wanted an unlocked one instead. Now I'm tempted to buy one Friday and ship the other one back, or just cancel it, since it's stuck on the "processing items" status anyway.

I can't take the day off work, and wouldn't do so even if I could. So, what I'm wondering is if there is any point in showing up at the Apple store at 4:00 p.m. on Friday. Would they have any new iPhones left that late in the day? Who's gone to the store for a previous launch (in Canada)? Do they sell out after a couple hours?

2. Ratster macrumors newbie

I think 4pm is a little too late. I would go early in the morning but you never know. good luck

3. profets macrumors 68040

I was at the iPhone 4 launch last year in Mississauga. Line up was massive, but they had TONS of stock. Their initial stock last friday, saturday and even through half of sunday.

The afternoon wouldn't hurt to stop by and check out the situation if you don't live too far, otherwise lining up early on saturday I would think is a good option too.

4. CdnMacJen thread starter macrumors member

No phones left at my local Apple store. And my order from Apple is still "processing" with estimated delivery 24 Oct - 31 Oct. Pout, pout. :(

5. CdnMacJen thread starter macrumors member

Woo hoo! Even though the Apple store at Southgate in Edmonton was sold out, my friend in Calgary picked up an iPhone 4S for me in Calgary at the Apple store there. It will be in my hands by Tuesday. :D

I cancelled my order with Apple, that was still showing delivery for the last week of October. I'm so happy to no longer obsessively check my email and click on the shipping information for updates (or a lack thereof).

6. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

The extra effort paid off. Congrats and enjoy your toy!