Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
Well as a dual platform user, I use KazaaLite on my PC, I thought that these kind of programs use the same network but every search I made in both platforms show that KazaaLite is much better then Limewire in the search results base..

Apple and Macusers deserve much better than Limewire... is there anyone who knows a better program then limewire??

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: is there any program better than limewire??

Originally posted by toughboy
Well as a dual platform user, I use KazaaLite on my PC, I thought that these kind of programs use the same network but every search I made in both platforms show that KazaaLite is much better then Limewire in the search results base..

Apple and Macusers deserve much better than Limewire... is there anyone who knows a better program then limewire??

Kazaa and Limewire do not use the same network.

See: http://www.mac-p2p.com

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
Re: Re: is there any program better than limewire??

Originally posted by arn
Kazaa and Limewire do not use the same network.

See: http://www.mac-p2p.com

arn, thanx really very much for the help...
as much as I can see there are different nice programs and I downloaded mIMac and began using it.. its much better than limewire, as result base of course..

but what I'm curious about is what macrumors members use mostly, what they like and what they dont...

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I have found that everything sucks on a mac when it comes to P2P sharing. Ive posted these kinds of questions in the past along with many others. And in my experience nothing can really compare to Kazaa. Sure u wont get any viruses or anything like that on limewire but you also wont get any ****ing results. Leave P2P sharing to PCs until someone decides to make a good apple one.

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
Originally posted by markjones05
I have found that everything sucks on a mac when it comes to P2P sharing. Ive posted these kinds of questions in the past along with many others. And in my experience nothing can really compare to Kazaa. Sure u wont get any viruses or anything like that on limewire but you also wont get any ****ing results. Leave P2P sharing to PCs until someone decides to make a good apple one.

god! that mIMac program does not download anything!.. it founds alot of things, but the most of them are n/a!!! I dont know why it show the not available options!!! and the rest of the results are barely nothing!.. maybe you're right man, maybe I should go on using my PC for this stuff.. :((

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
on my computer at least, acquisition gets about 10x the search results than limewire does... and they use the same network. haven't tried poisoned yet.

pnw

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I use Poisoned and mlMac.
Both are pretty good, got usually what I wanted, but sometimes patience is required.
Make sure the apps join the networks you want them to.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
If you're after music Poisoned is just awesome. mlMac is good for other filez. Only annoyance is I have to trash and reinstall mlMac every few weeks or so. It suddenly just stops being able to connect and quits on me. I know I could prob go digging for pref files but it's quicker to just install a new one. Good little app! Oh and Soul Seek is killer if you don't mind doing some Unix X11 preparation beforehand. TONS of music on there.

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by paulwhannel
on my computer at least, acquisition gets about 10x the search results than limewire does... and they use the same network. haven't tried poisoned yet.

pnw

aquisition is crap. works just as well if not worse than lime wire on my G4. your lucky if you get good results on that P.O.S.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
i moved from napster->limewire->acquisition->poisoned, with other file sharers like Bittorrent and KDX thrown in there too. It seems that poisoned is by far the best client to search, then download little things from. Give it a go.

NicoMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
mlmac

I haven't tried poisoned, but for me mlmac does everything I need. edonkey downloads take a while to start but that's because of the network, not because of the program.

The only thing is that fine-tuning it can be tricky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.