Is there ANY reason to be at the store at opening if you have a pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chriskzoo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

I have mine for in store pickup any time on the 24th - is there ANY reason to be there at 7am other than to be in the crowd (free shirts, accessories, iTunes cards, etc...?).

I've never gone to an Apple launch so I'm figuring it's better to just head on over around Noon and avoid all the rush.

2. WHM macrumors regular

My confirmation say will hold until closing time that day.. look at the bottom of your email.

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I would head over either around 11am or 2pm not at noon. Lots of people going to be taking off at lunch to try and pick it up then.

They normally don't give out things to those in line waiting. I might hit it up at 7am because it is next to my office and I arrive around 7am for work; so maybe I can be one of the first to pick it up? But if there is a line, I'm out of there.

4. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Based on my experience with iPad and the reserve, you don't have to be there early. There will probably be a time period of like 9-3 to pick it up. They do put one aside with your name. We got to Apple very, very early in the morning for the iPad and realized too late it was unnecessary. There were also 2 lines, one for reserve and one for no reserve. Each store may handle it differently though.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I might get there around 7 just because i don't want them to run out of black bumpers.