Is there any reason to buy from Verizon instead of an Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thatsfinebut, Mar 15, 2012.

1. thatsfinebut macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is any reason to buy a new iPad through the Verizon store rather than an Apple store? I'm guessing the customer experience is better through the Apple store, and the price should be the same in both cases.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

The only differences should be location, location, location and perhaps a shorter line.

3. crapbag8 macrumors member

As far as I know, Verizon only carries the 4G models, so if you know that's what you want, you won't have to wait with all the people waiting for wifi-only iPads. Prices are the same.

4. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

If you do decide to return it for some reason there is a restocking fee.

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

FYI MOST Amex cards will repay you the restocking fee under their "return protection" program. Amex is good.

6. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Any chance that the pre-order through Verizon will get me an iPad quicker than Apple right now (ordered yesterday, 2-3 week waiting time)?

Also considering getting a 32 GB iPad over the 16 GB I bought...

EDIT: Also...can I cancel my order through Apple.com?

7. crapbag8 macrumors member

not sure if you can "pre-order" on verizon. online sales start at 3 am EST (tonight) but not sure if you can select store pickup that way or if they just ship to you. otherwise, verizon store sales start 8 am.

re cancelling apple order, as long as it has not entered "prepared for shipment" status, you can cancel online. or you can always just return later on.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/viewing_changing_orders

8. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Thanks...I figured that out.

I guess I'm wondering when we can expect to get an iPad if we order it from Verizon tonight...does anyone know? Like I said...I already have an order with Apple...