Is there any reason to buy from Verizon instead of an Apple store?

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
Does anyone know if there is any reason to buy a new iPad through the Verizon store rather than an Apple store? I'm guessing the customer experience is better through the Apple store, and the price should be the same in both cases.

crapbag8

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
As far as I know, Verizon only carries the 4G models, so if you know that's what you want, you won't have to wait with all the people waiting for wifi-only iPads. Prices are the same.

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
Any chance that the pre-order through Verizon will get me an iPad quicker than Apple right now (ordered yesterday, 2-3 week waiting time)?

Also considering getting a 32 GB iPad over the 16 GB I bought...

EDIT: Also...can I cancel my order through Apple.com?

crapbag8

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
Any chance that the pre-order through Verizon will get me an iPad quicker than Apple right now (ordered yesterday, 2-3 week waiting time)?

Also considering getting a 32 GB iPad over the 16 GB I bought...

EDIT: Also...can I cancel my order through Apple.com?
not sure if you can "pre-order" on verizon. online sales start at 3 am EST (tonight) but not sure if you can select store pickup that way or if they just ship to you. otherwise, verizon store sales start 8 am.

re cancelling apple order, as long as it has not entered "prepared for shipment" status, you can cancel online. or you can always just return later on.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/viewing_changing_orders

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
not sure if you can "pre-order" on verizon. online sales start at 3 am EST (tonight) but not sure if you can select store pickup that way or if they just ship to you. otherwise, verizon store sales start 8 am.

re cancelling apple order, as long as it has not entered "prepared for shipment" status, you can cancel online. or you can always just return later on.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/viewing_changing_orders
Thanks...I figured that out.

I guess I'm wondering when we can expect to get an iPad if we order it from Verizon tonight...does anyone know? Like I said...I already have an order with Apple...