is there any skins that will make my 4s look like a different color....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Dec 24, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

...without being able to tell that i'm using a skin? or am i better off ordering a new case for it? i saw skinit.com

but was gonna look around for a lime green 4s outer casing

2. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Replace your rear glass and digitizer.
    It's a fun experience and you appreciate your phone much more. Then you can repair other problems, and other people's iPhones.

Plus it'll look GREAT.

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i just want a unique iphone...like a lime green one...i'll look into my options

----------

i don't wanna order some crappy quality one, is there a brand i should look for? i'd be switching the glass correct?

4. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Everyone automatically assumes ALL of the glass on eBay is of low quality. It isn't. Just don't buy the absolute cheapest glass, and try to stay away from the sellers in China and you will be fine. I regularly order glass and it's great quality.
    Yes as in, doing this: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPhone-4S-Display-Assembly/7277/1
    And then doing it in reverse with the new parts attached.

iPhone glass doesn't have a "brand" they have sellers and just check their feedback, that is if you're using ebay of course.

5. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I was always told it was gorilla glass. And I thought i read the glass itself wasnt painted... How long do you think switching all my white out would take? Any big risks?

6. DroidRules macrumors 65816

There are many color options for back and front glass. Look into those. Also try www.google.com

7. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I did search I asked here to make for suggestions on Quality glass. Hopefully available in lime green. Prolly voids my warranty huh

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, changing the glass will void your warranty.

Do you really think your taking apart your phone is a good idea?

9. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

That's why i asked if it wasn't too hard. Because a colored iPhone would be sickkkk

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I wouldn't like it, I prefer black, but best of luck!

11. DroidRules macrumors 65816

There are step by step instructions but there are a lot of small, fragile ribbon wires that need to be manipulated. I have taken apart a damaged 3gs just to check it out before swapping it for OOW exchange and even with instructions it was a bit nerve racking. They do have places you can send your phone and they'll swap it out for you but I don't trust my i with anyone. Back glass swap is obviously an easy job but the front :eek: Like Verwon said, good luck.

12. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Take it slow, remember where all the screws go, and it will go just fine. I've done it many many times and I don't think I've screwed it up once.

13. thatoneguy82, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't know if a decision has already been made or someone already suggested this. I saw a posting with a skin and I liked it and went to the site and purchased. It's on my phone and completely looks different. It covers the ENTIRE phone: back, side, front, home button. All will be covered in the color of your choosing. Also, the sticker is easily placed and can be re-applied easily. It's a lot cheaper the Colorware, and not as permanent. I have the gray metallic option, which sort of matches the entire band. They have multiple choices/colors. Seller is sticker boy. But, there's no space in the middle.

http://www.sticker boy.net/collections/iphone-4s-full-body-skins-skin/products/color-series-iphone-4s-full-body-skin

[​IMG]

For some reason, the name can't be displayed. Asterisks will appear instead, hence the separation of sticker and boy. And, I don't work for them, I just enjoy their product and customer service.

14. techgirl117 macrumors newbie

Change the glass

I would go with changing the glass of the iphone. It is not hard to do. I am planning to change my iphone 4's glass very soon. Just buy a glass off of Ebay which is what I'm in the process of doing.

----------