Is there any way (maybe an app) to let the iPhone screen blink on a new message?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by j.quintana, Aug 2, 2016.

1. j.quintana macrumors member

There is one thing that really annoys me on my iPhone 5s: The absence of a blinking front LED for incoming messages, missed calls etc.

I really like my iPhone to be totally silent except when there is an incoming call. Other than that I have sound and vibration notifications disabled.

I know that I can make the flash on the rear blink but I don't like to lay down my iPhone on its screen.

A while ago I read about an app that can make your screen blink when a new message comes in. I didn't try it because I thought it would drain the battery too quickly.

I used Google for half an hour now, but I can't find such an app anymore. It would be perfect if it was customizable in a way that it would only blink every minute for a second or so to save battery. That would be enough to see it when it's lying on my desk.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

The only thing like that that could really do it would likely be some jailbreak tweak.