Is there any way to clean out the trash folder of your mail quickly?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I can't seem to figure out how, it appears you have to go through and delete them one by one. This seems really stupid, why would they not make a way to clear them all out? Trash is mostly spam and junk mail, there's a reason you threw it out.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I think everyone has the same issue.....

Yeah, I agree with you... :D

ufwa

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
Go to trash folder

Edit -> Delete all button

you don't even need to select anything.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
It's working "ufwa". Thanks for the solution. Can I do the same with SMS?
How many SMS threads could you possibly have that you would even need that? It's swipe to delete them. Takes two seconds. I've been following your posts a lot lately and they are always so strange that I can't tell if you're serious or trolling.

annaharris

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
San Francisco
How many SMS threads could you possibly have that you would even need that? It's swipe to delete them. Takes two seconds. I've been following your posts a lot lately and they are always so strange that I can't tell if you're serious or trolling.
Hey dictoresno. My apologies if you felt I am going off topic. But my question is on the track only as in iPhone there is no option to delete all the SMS at a time likewise we can do in emails. And deleting a huge number of Contacts SMS one by one would be time consuming task!!! And that made me thinking towards a simple procedure to delete them..I just thought if we can use some tweak to delete all of them .... I guess I have got more then 100 Contacts SMS !!!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Hey dictoresno. My apologies if you felt I am going off topic. But my question is on the track only as in iPhone there is no option to delete all the SMS at a time likewise we can do in emails. And deleting a huge number of Contacts SMS one by one would be time consuming task!!! And that made me thinking towards a simple procedure to delete them..I just thought if we can use some tweak to delete all of them .... I guess I have got more then 100 Contacts SMS !!!
That's a lot of SMS messages.