Is there any way to disable applications from opening on their own?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mossme89, May 15, 2013.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

There are a couple programs that constantly open whenever I plug in my HTC One. One program is the sync, another is a file transfer program. It's annoying because often I don't want these programs to open, I might just want to charge my phone or something. Is there any setting or 3rd party app to disable these apps from opening on their own? Basically I just want them to open when I need them, so when I click on them.

And before you get mad of me having an Android phone, I should note I still love Apple. I just enjoy the larger screen better because I do a lot of web browsing on the go and it's more comfortable to use. Should Apple make a 4.7-5 inch iPhone, I'd probably buy it. I just find 4 inches too small to comfortably use for web browsing.

2. cody92 macrumors newbie

Here is an option for disable the android file transfer. However, there probably is a better way. Somewhere it is registered to open if it sees some protocol or something along those lines. I'm not a Mac OS guru so I'm not sure where this would be. Some googling should be able to find out.