Is there any way to get imesseges onto a phone setup as new?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by steve knight, Oct 16, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

after going to apple with lots of bluetooth issues they had me set up my 8 as new. But of course I don't have any of my i messages from the last several years. they are on my ipad and mac.

2. deany macrumors 68030

deany

I bought https://www.copytrans.net/copytransshelbee/ years ago and it is very good. Windows only by the look of it.
    I've never extracted the iMessages but the site says it backs them up.
    I have read there is backup software that this can be done but I don't recall the name. I guess they all all fairly similar, so copytrans may do what you want.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

I found that too. I will try it out. something in my backup screwed up bluetooth and I am stuck with it.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

crap I used this or tried too
    and it kept crashing such a hassle to restore so many times. I forgot the first time as i was trying to get some game data and forgot to do this. the app you found I would have to do at work on my pc.

5. David Murray macrumors newbie

David Murray

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

the app does not take the messages from one device and put them on another it seems. I could restore my iPad to my phone. i would have to buy it to get them all but I can export them but thats not really useful.

7. David Murray macrumors newbie

David Murray

No no, during migration from old iPhone to a new one you can select the data you want to transfer, anyway, never tried just to copy messages from one device and transfer them to another one.