Is there any way to get larger fonts in Safari??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bag302, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Bag302 macrumors regular

Any font options for Safari through Cydia? I'm tired of holding this thing 2" from my face.

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

You could try an app like Bytafont. It will let you change fonts system-wide or just in specific apps (I can't remember if Safari is one of them). Then go to www.iphoneruler.net and you can preview the fonts they have and find one that's bigger than the standard one. Once you've found one, search Cydia for that font (and make sure it's for Bytafont) and install it. Enable the font in Bytafont and you're ready to go.

3. Bag302 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion, but bytafont can't change the browser font.

I downloaded perfect browser which has a font size increase feature which works pretty good, but perfect browser is a little bit laggy. I miss the smoothness of Safari.

Still testing it though

4. glis macrumors member

You can set the WebKit minimum font size in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobilesafari.plist. Set it to something really large like 40 to see if it works.

<key>WebKitMinimumFontSize</key>
    <integer>40</integer>

5. labman, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

labman macrumors 604

labman

6. Bag302 thread starter macrumors regular

Been using perfect browser a little more and it is very good. I was getting lag when setting it to the "chrome" style browser. When i returned it to "mobile safari" mode, it works as well as stick safari.

The nice hing about PB is that i can set the font size for any website and save it. So when i return to that site, it remembers the font i like!

Plus i was able to set it as the default browser.

Thumbs up for sure