Is there any way to increase the maximum length of an episode in GarageBand?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aayush, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Aayush macrumors newbie

Aayush

Hi.

I’ve got a lot of chapters for some free audiobooks I downloaded off the Internet. The chapters are all individual MP3 files and I figured I would join them all using GarageBand and add chapter markers, then import it into iTunes as a podcast episode and change it to an audiobook.

However, I’ve run into a serious snag. The book in question lasts about nine hours, but that purple pointer thingy in GarageBand that marks the end of an episode won’t move past 05:33:16.000. Is there any way I can get rid of that limitation?

I have extra hard drive space on my machine and it’s a 17-inch MacBook Pro, so it’s not like the lack of resources is an issue. And, for what it’s worth, I’m using GarageBand ’08 Version 4.1.2 (248.7), which is the latest one. I’m assuming it’s just another one of Apple’s artificial restrictions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please do not suggest that I switch to Logic though because (a) I cannot afford it, plain and simple; and (b) It’s far too complicated for me. If there’s no way to do it in GarageBand, I would love to know if there’s another free/cheap application that can accomplish what I want.

Thank you.

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I'm not sure what your problem is - I just moved the purple pointer to 1 hour with no problem.

You might want to try making a new garageband file and try moving the pointer again.

3. devburke Guest

I was under the impression the OP was saying it wouldn't go past 5 hours, 33 minutes and 16 seconds