OS X Is there any way to make reflective water work in RCT 3? (Help, Aspyr?)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Seandroid, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Seandroid macrumors regular

When my old iMac was running RCT 3 Soaked for Mac the reflective water worked fine, but I recall after an OS update the reflective water stopped working on that computer.

It also stopped working on my then Macbook.

So I purchased RCT 3 Platinum on disk and attempted to see if maybe they had fixed the issue in that version of the game when it was released, and they had not.

I also purchased it from the Mac App store and ran into the same issue.

Now I have a late 2011 iMac and a 15" Macbook Pro w/Retina Display... same issue.

I really, really want this bug to be fixed, because the reflective water makes the game so gorgeous. Any help? My water looks like this:

[​IMG]

2. antonis macrumors 68000

antonis

A quick google search brought this:

This is just a basic tutorial just to show how to get the real reflective water and bloom!

1. Click on the RCT3 icon and hold command
    2. Then this screen will pop-up! (I guess it means a game preferences screen)
    3. To get reflective water and bloom click Enable enhanced rendering.

3. Aspyr-Blair macrumors 6502

Sorry for the delay here!

Your water should definitely not look like that. Does your machine have the dual graphics options? If so, try switching off "automatic graphics switching" in your Energy Saver preferences.

4. Seandroid thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah - it's enabled in that photo, believe it or not. Haha.

I have actually. =\ And it happens on my iMac which doesn't have automatic graphics switching.

5. Aspyr-Blair macrumors 6502

No fun. What OS? I just tested on my desk machine (2011 MBP) in 10.9 with no issues. Ping our support team at support.aspyr.com It could be something totally weird.

6. n8mac macrumors 6502

I get the same thing...

[​IMG]
    Without reflective water

[​IMG]
    With reflective water. This is on the iMac in my sig running 10.9.1 downloaded from Steam.

7. Seandroid thread starter macrumors regular

I did try this actually. I contacted your support team, sent all of my diagnostics info and we had a conversation but it never came to anything and they said it had to be something to do with my software. All of my Macs are on 10.9.1 and all of them display this. =\