Is there any way to merge iPhone profiles in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Desmo girl, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Desmo girl, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

Desmo girl macrumors newbie

I ended up with four different iPhone profiles in iTunes. Is there any way to merge them so I just get all the data from all of them?

2. Desmo girl thread starter macrumors newbie

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

There is no way to do it in iTunes, and Apple won't do it for you.
    My wife and I had two separate accounts, and luckily I realized pretty quick that this was gonna get out of hand, especially since we had home sharing set up between our two computers.

All the apps on my phone were downloaded/purchased under my account, so I was fine, but on her phone she had about a dozen apps that she had downloaded with her account and maybe 30 that were from my account that I had shared to her computer (Apple allows you to do that), so I deleted those 12 from her phone and her computer. Of those 12 I had 10 of them on my computer, so I shared them back to her, and redownloaded the other two under my account. Now, she can get all updates, using just the one account.
    Bottom line is that you need to determine which apps are under which account and redownload them all in one account. I know it's a PIA, but, unless you can convince Apple/iTunes to merge, that's your only choice.