is there any way to record from iTunes Radio?


cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
2,075
0
Muncie, Indiana
I'd like to know that too!

Just posting so I get the email notification. It'd be nice to be able to say, I like this tune, right click, Save as... xxx.MP3.
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Re: I'd like to know that too!

Originally posted by cubist
Just posting so I get the email notification. It'd be nice to be able to say, I like this tune, right click, Save as... xxx.MP3.
that'd be more difficult, the stream isn't differentiated between songs, you'd have to manually select a start and stop time in the stream... your best bet would be to save a little on either end of the song and then go in later and crop it and encode it...

that's assuming you can find a beast to save the stream for ya :)

pnw
 

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
259
0
Cupertino CA
Yes but...

I have an application called Audio hijack, that records any audio from any application. I use it to record from iTunes, or Chimera, as I like to listen to wakeupshow.com. The problems is it saves teh file in .aiff format or another large file format, and I have not found a way to convert to mp3 or something smaller.

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/
 

teetoo

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
42
0
London
I think iNet Stream Archiver is pretty good (used RadioFree until I came across this), you can record from multiple sources at the same time, naming etc. all taken care of, pretty stable too.
 

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
6,561
46
Originally posted by ryme4reson
Just looked on version tracker, and I could NOT find a Aiff ->mp3. The only converts I found was the opposite mp3 -> aiff.
use quicktime pro or get a program for os 9 called soundapp. such a great program for converting audio formats.

iJon
 

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
259
0
Cupertino CA
I have qt pro, but it doesnt seem to work for me. Can you give me better directions on how to convert it. I will try again later today.

Also, itunes will convert cdda (cd audio) to mp3. I do not think it will convert aiff 2 mp3. I added the stream to my itunes file, and it was still a 10-20mg file.
 

imud

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
2
0
Originally posted by ryme4reson
I have qt pro, but it doesnt seem to work for me. Can you give me better directions on how to convert it. I will try again later today.

Also, itunes will convert cdda (cd audio) to mp3. I do not think it will convert aiff 2 mp3. I added the stream to my itunes file, and it was still a 10-20mg file.
felix beat me to it!
 

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
1,262
0
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by ryme4reson
I have qt pro, but it doesnt seem to work for me. Can you give me better directions on how to convert it. I will try again later today.

Also, itunes will convert cdda (cd audio) to mp3. I do not think it will convert aiff 2 mp3. I added the stream to my itunes file, and it was still a 10-20mg file.

As was already posted, you can use iTunes by adding the file to you Library and selecting "Convert Selection to MP3" from the Advanced menu. If you have not done this before, you may want to go to the iTunes prefs and choose "Importing." This will give you options for setting the bitstream (quality). 128k has been the standard, but it's making it's way up to 192k.

As far as QT goes: Open the files and select Export from the File menu. The Save window will have a pop-up tab that allows you to choose file formats. This will include MP3 and MP4 (depending on your version of QT).

Hope this helps,
Dan
 

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68030
Apr 12, 2002
2,825
953
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Originally posted by alset


As far as QT goes: Open the files and select Export from the File menu. The Save window will have a pop-up tab that allows you to choose file formats. This will include MP3 and MP4 (depending on your version of QT).

You should note that that requires QuickTime Pro, which does cost $29.99. Why pay to convert in QuickTime Player when you could do it for free in iTunes. That is said on the assumption that you have not already purchased a license for QT Pro. If you already bought in, the choice is yours, but the iTunes way is easier for many users.