Is there any way to remove albums from the iTunes purchase history cloud thing?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by 0dev, Feb 28, 2014.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I don't use iTunes Match but I've bought a few things on iTunes before so those now sync to my iOS devices. I think this is pretty cool and I don't want to disable it completely. However, this is one album I bought a few years ago which I want to make go away. I can't figure out if this is possible without turning off the feature completely.

Anyone know how to remove one album from the cloud while keeping the feature itself turned on? Thanks.

2. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Finally managed to fix this!

I just went on iTunes on my computer (you can't do this in iOS 7), went to the store, went on purchase history, hit "all" then hovered over the album and clicked the little black circle with the cross. This hid the purchase and now it's not showing up on the cloud anymore :)

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

4. njsapple2012 macrumors member

I wish Apple would allow users to remove tracks "from the cloud."

I've a couple of songs from an iTunes Holiday Sampler I have no desire to see ever again and wish I could delete them permanently.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The duck dynasty track? :p

6. njsapple2012 macrumors member

Trust me, my taste is music is far worse than that ;).

7. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

They probably don't let you permanently remove things from iCloud Purchases because some people would accidentally delete something and complain about it.

The way they have it implemented allows somebody to "get rid of it" without actually losing the purchase. They can always restore it, but they can still hide it so it doesn't show up on any devices.

8. njsapple2012 macrumors member

That's true and I appreciate it's to avoid people "accidentally" deleting former purchases.

I'll just have to get my a55 into gear and do it manually; I like Weezer but certainly not their Christmas songs in March 2014!

9. John T macrumors 68020

John T

The list of purchases is simply what it says it is - a list of purchases! It is therefore obviously impossible to "unpurchase" anything! ;)