Is there any way to tell iPhone to forget a wifi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CarboysDesire, Jul 9, 2010.

1. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

There is a wifi in range at my office, which is in a hotel, but I am not allowed access to it. But every time I pick up my iPhone it wants to know if I want to join it. If I say yes it tells me I cannot. It is annoying. Can I tell it to forget that wifi only but at the same time leave wifi turned on?

It's a 3GS running 4.0 if that matters.

2. celticpride678

Go to: Settings>Wi-Fi and find the Wi-Fi network. Click the blue arrow next to it and click the "Forget this Network" button.

3. CarboysDesire thread starter macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Thanks a MILLION!

I knew there must be a way!

YAY! :)

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you go to the Settings app then under WiFi find the name of the network you want your iPhone to forget. Tap the blue arrow next to it (Note you may have to first join the network before the blue arrow appears). At the top of the next screen tap Forget This Network. This will prevent your iPhone from trying to connect to the network.

5. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I'm not aware of a way for it to completely ignore the network, but one way for it to stop asking you if you want to join is to go to Settings, Wi-Fi Networks and turn off "Ask to Join Networks". The problem with this however, is you will have to manually go in to see if you are near any networks to join. If you do not use wireless networks except where you are aware of the networks, it shouldn't matter. Also, once you have joined a network in the past, it will remember that one if you get in range again.

6. sportster macrumors 6502

I ended up just turning off the feature that ask to join networks. I notice when we would be driving around town it would always ask to join people and business networks as we went buy and slowed the phone down.

Everywhere where I want to use wifi I add it and it remembers it for next time. So I'm all set.