Is there any way to turn off these super annoying "features" in Lion?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by StephenCampbell, Jan 29, 2012.

1. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

1. When I put a quicktime movie full screen, the background has to Slide away behind it as part of the process. Very charming, but takes more time than it did without that unnecessary eye-candy. Any way to turn this off?

2. How do I re-instate the bars at the bottom of folder windows that tell me how many items are in the folder and how much space I have available on the hard drive?

I know there are more.. I'll post them as I think of them.

At this rate, Apple will have to have two versions of OS X. OS X Pro and OS X Home. The home one can have as much unnecessary frosting and eye candy as they want, for those consumers who like their computer to be a toy, and OS X pro can be for the loyal professionals who are the only reason Apple survived through its slumps in the past.

Edit: Oh, and what about the bouncy iPhone like windows? The whole screen can slide around like an iPhones screen, and windows bounce and spring back when you scroll beyond the end. How do I turn all this off?

2. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

for number 2, open a finder window and go to view, show status bar.

for the "screen sliding", go to system preferences, mission control, uncheck show dashboard as a space. then as long as you dont have any other spaces or full screen apps, the screen wont move.

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I use VLC for playing videos on second screens. Quicktime always goes for the main screen (it's just annoying me like crazy).

They don't need to make a "pro" version for me, just an option full screen is full screen without sliding.